#83 – “Hark! What Mean Those Holy Voices”
“Hark! What Mean Those Holy Voices”
by John Cawood, 1775-1852
1. Hark! what mean those holy voices
Sweetly sounding through the skies?
Lo, the angelic host rejoices,
Heavenly hallelujahs rise.
2. Listen to the wondrous story
Which they chant in hymns of joy,
Glory in the highest, glory!
Glory be to God most high!
3. Peace on earth, good will from heaven,
Reaching far as man is found;
Souls redeemed and sins forgiven!
Loud our golden harps shall sound.
4. Christ is born, the great Anointed;
Heaven and earth, His praises sing!
Oh, receive whom God appointed
For your Prophet, Priest, and King.
5. Hasten, mortals, to adore Him,
Learn His name and taste His joy,
Till in heaven ye sing before Him,
“Glory be to God most high!”
6. Let us learn the wondrous story
Of our great Redeemer’s birth;
Spread the brightness of His glory
Till it cover all the earth.