#43 – “We Sing the Almighty Power of God”
“We Sing the Almighty Power of God”
by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
1. We sing the almighty power of God,
Who bade the mountains rise,
Who spread the flowing seas abroad
And built the lofty skies.
2. We sing the wisdom that ordained
The sun to rule the day;
The moon shines, too, at His command,
And all the stars obey.
3. We sing the goodness of the Lord,
Who fills the earth with food,
Who formed His creatures by a word
And then pronounced them good.
4. Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed
Where’er we turn our eyes,
Whene’er we view the ground we tread
Or gaze upon the skies!
5. There’s not a plant nor flower below
But makes Thy glories known;
And clouds arise and tempests blow
By order from Thy throne.
6. On Thee each moment we depend;
If Thou withdraw, we die.
Oh, may we ne’er that God offend
Who is forever nigh!