#27 – “Oh, Bless the Lord, My Soul”
“Oh, Bless the Lord, My Soul”
by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
1. Oh, bless the Lord, my soul!
Let all within me join
And aid my tongue to bless His name
Whose favors are divine.
2. Oh, bless the Lord, my soul,
Nor let His mercies lie
Forgotten in unthankfulness
And without praises die!
3. ‘Tis He forgives thy sins;
‘Tis He relieves thy pain;
‘Tis He that heals thy sicknesses
And makes thee young again.
4. He crowns thy life with love
When ransomed from the grave;
He that redeemed my soul from hell
Hath sovereign power to save.
5. He fills the poor with good;
He gives the sufferers rest:
The Lord hath judgments for the proud
And justice for th’ opprest.
6. His wondrous works and ways
He made by Moses known,
But sent the world His truth and grace
By His beloved Son.