#2 – “To Thy Temple I Repair”
“To Thy Temple I Repair”
by James Montgomery, 1771-1854
1. To Thy temple I repair;
Lord, I love to worship there
When within the veil I meet
Christ before the mercy-seat.
2. I through Him am reconciled,
I through Him become Thy child.
Abba, Father, give me grace
In Thy courts to seek Thy face.
3. While Thy glorious praise is sung,
Touch my lips, unloose my tongue,
That my joyful soul may bless
Christ the Lord, my Righteousness.
4. While the prayers of saints ascend,
God of Love, to mine attend.
Hear me, for Thy Spirit pleads;
Hear, for Jesus intercedes.
5. While I hearken to Thy Law,
Fill my soul with humble awe
Till Thy Gospel bring to me
Life and immortality.
6. While Thy ministers proclaim
Peace and pardon in Thy name,
Through their voice, by faith, may I
Hear Thee speaking from the sky.
7. From Thy house when I return,
May my heart within me burn
And at evening let me say,
“I have walked with God today.”