#13 – “Before Jehovah’s Awefull Throne”
“Before Jehovah’s Awe-full Throne”
by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
1. Before Jehovah’s awe-full throne,
Ye nations, bow with sacred joy.
Know that the Lord is God alone;
He can create and He destroy.
2. His sov’reign power, without our aid,
Made us of clay and formed us men;
And when like wandering sheep we strayed,
He brought us to His fold again.
3. We are His people, we His care,
Our souls and all our mortal frame.
What lasting honors shall we rear,
Almighty Maker, to Thy name?
4. We’ll crowd Thy gates with thankful songs,
High as the heavens our voices raise;
And earth, with her ten thousand tongues,
Shall fill Thy courts with sounding praise.
5. Wide as the world is Thy command,
Vast as eternity Thy love;
Firm as a rock Thy truth must stand
When rolling years shall cease to move.