#31 – “When All Thy Mercies, O My God”
“When All Thy Mercies, O My God”
by Joseph Addison, 1672-1719
1. When all Thy mercies, O my God,
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view, I’m lost
In wonder, love, and praise.
2. Ten thousand thousand precious gifts
My daily thanks employ;
Nor is the least a cheerful heart
That tastes those gifts with joy.
3. Through every period of my life
Thy goodness I’ll pursue
And after death, in distant worlds,
The glorious theme renew.
4. When nature fails, and day and night
Divide Thy works no more,
My ever grateful heart, O Lord,
Thy mercies shall adore.
5. Through all eternity to Thee
A joyful song I’ll raise;
But, oh! eternity’s too short
To utter all Thy praise.